Location: Boston, Massachusetts
100-year-old company looking to hire a Director of Product Development and Sourcing to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a luxury products company where you will be the technical expert in fabrics.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing from Italy, Portugal, and other areas to have luxury soft good products produced
- You will report to the CEO of the company and be a part of the leadership team
- You will manage relationships with existing suppliers as well as identifying new suppliers
- Create color standards for textile products
- Manage the product development timeline
- Work closely with the design and creative teams
- Lead the implementation and management of the PLM system
- Bachelor's degree in textile-related fields- textile engineering, textile science, etc.
- Excellent technical textile knowledge to include weaving, finishing, and yarn construction
- Must have experience working with luxury products.
- Prior experience and knowledge within cut and sew manufacturing
- Proficient in computer systems included Excel, Adobe Creative Cloud, PLM
This company has experienced tremendous growth in the past 7 years and is looking forward to continued growth in the future. They offer great benefits, including a 401K plus an employer match.