Best Questions To Ask During a Job Interview
by Doug Coley
As a job candidate, being prepared by asking key questions during the interview allows you to learn more about the employer and the position. It also shows the interviewer that you’re taking your job search seriously.
Here are 5 excellent questions to ask the interviewer:
- How do you see this position contributing to the success of your organization? This question is so important. We all want to feel that we’re a part of a winning company.
- What is the company’s management style? Before accepting any position, find out whether you’ll work as part of a larger team or if you’ll be expected to work and make decisions on your own. The answer to this question can make or break whether you’ll be happy on the job.
- How would you describe the company’s culture? This one is key. If you’re a deadline-oriented, driven individual, you may not function well in a casual, laid-back working atmosphere (or vice versa). Best to find this out before accepting any position.
- What types of training opportunities does the company offer? Outstanding companies offer in-house and/or outside educational opportunities to allow their associates to learn and advance.
- How will my leadership responsibilities and performance be measured? And, by whom? In other words, ask how your success in the position will be defined.
As we wrote in an earlier post entitled “Why My Candidates Always Want To Join My Best Client Companies,” interviewing is a two-way street. The “fit” needs to be a two-way street, as well. Are you right for the company? And is the company right for you?